Sunday, April 14, 2013

Doggie Withdrawal

Henrietta is coming off of her opiate-based pain medication, and is VERY grumpy today. She doesn't want to be touched at all, so I haven't been able to do any of her rehab exercises. I think she must be feeling nauseous too, because she took a long time to eat the treats from her Kong toy. She even stopped and rested a few times, which is totally out of character for her. I finally just had to take it away from her. She still walks well outside, but had to be coaxed out of her pen for her 3 o'clock walk this afternoon. Mostly, she just wants to be left alone, and I don't blame her. I just hope she's in a better mood by her Wednesday follow-up appointment with the surgeon. Otherwise, they are going to have a heck of a time trying to take her staples out.

Edelweiss, on the other hand, seems to think she is on some kind of vacation...


No comments:

Post a Comment